The most effective (AI-based) coronary vessel analytics
Kardiolytics Inc. has developed technology that uses Artificial Intelligence to derive crucial diagnostic information about narrowing of the heart blood vessels (atherosclerosis), from inexpensive and widely available imaging (CT scans) of the heart. This diagnostic information has been one of the most important and most widely used in Cardiology, but one that normally can be obtained only by applying complex, expensive, and highly invasive procedures that involve inserting probes into the heart, and require highly qualified staff and infrastructure.
The Virtual Cardiac Stress Test (VCAST) is a patented, AI-based medical system developed for non-invasive, clinical quantitative and qualitative analysis of CT-scan data, to assess the hemodynamic significance of coronary artery atherosclerotic stenosis.
The Kardiolytics cardiac test is rapid, inexpensive and entirely noninvasive. It provides personalized, color-coded, 3D modeling of the coronary arteries combined with detailed, functional diagnostic information regarding blood flow. This includes computed quantities of blood, pressure, and velocity and is designed to assist the physician both in completing the diagnosis and designing the treatment plan for coronary artery disease.
The test provides information usually obtained only by the highly invasive FFR test (that involves inserting a pressure wire into coronary arteries). All data that are required for VCAST come from a widely available and inexpensive CT-scan imaging that is conducted by a technician and not a doctor and the results can be forwarded to a doctor remotely. It is independent of imaging equipment, imaging protocols, and equipment vendors.
About the Company
Kardiolytics Inc. is a Chicago-based Artificial Intelligence company specializing in Cardiology. The company was founded in 2018 by a pioneer in Data Mining and Big Data Learning - Paul Lewicki PhD (the founder of StatSoft and STATISTICA) and a surgeon Kris Siemionow MD, PhD (the founder of Holosurgical, a digital surgery company acquired by Surgalign) and it includes a team of clinicians, researchers, and AI software engineers.
Advantages of VCAST
- Offers non-invasive assessment of the hemodynamic significance of coronary artery atherosclerotic lesions, therefore, imposing no risk, cost, and availability problems involved in the traditional FFR diagnostics (which include inserting a pressure wire into coronary arteries)
- Involves no additional, significant radiation exposure related to inserting a pressure wire into coronary arteries
- Uses AI and Big Data Learning methods to segment, reconstruct, and predict hemodynamic index and changes in flow rate, heart rate, and degree of stenosis
- Offers personalized models of coronary vessel anatomy including highly informative for the physician, 3D imaging of blood vessels
- Offers advanced risk analysis of the progression of coronary stenosis
- Offers personalized planning, simulation, and prediction of the personalized effects of revascularization
- Supports a superior selection of the optimal treatment procedures
- Very easy to be deployed regardless of IT systems used in a particular clinic
- VCAST web-based application allows physician to upload CT and review the analysis results using a standard web browser